Wednesday, February 23, 2011

US - the home of the brave?

Mother Jones has a post right now that pictorially explains "everything that is wrong with America." This diagram is particularly shocking showing the wealth disparity in the U.S. 90% of families have an average income of only $31 k. These families would have to work for more than 36 years to make as much as the top 1% of American families make in one year - and more than 875 years to make as much as the top 0.01% -!! I did the math.

I do grumble sometimes on this site about my little predicaments, but this diagram reminds me of how fortunate I am. I don't know how the families of virtually the entire nation live on this little. Living in the US isn't cheap. Maybe this is why they call America the home of the brave.


No comments:

Post a Comment