Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Is it as simple as thinking big?

It's very easy to get bogged down with the excrutiating minutiae of everyday life, particularly at work There are so many menial tasks to complete, so many emails to respond to, so many documents to file, to feel like you're on top of things.

Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of my day responding to emails. By the end of the day, sure I felt more organized but what had I accomplished? Fewer emails in my inbox and not much more.

This morning I read this post and felt inspired. Want big things to happen? Make big plans.

Maybe that's how some people are doing it. When you aim high, even if you only get halfway to your goal you're ahead of those who didn't try at all. Failure never looked so sweet.

Anyone got any big plans they'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I gots big plans.....lots of 'em. For tomorrow, I plan on dodging the phone, ignoring emails, avoiding eye contact and seeing how long I can keep my office door closed....KIDDING! I plan on being as productive as I can for a Thursday...which is really the new Wednesday and I hear not as exciting as Tuesday;)

    ReplyDelete