Friday, February 18, 2011

PB & J-eez

I'm trying to bring my lunch to work more often - to cut costs. But trying to find the time and the energy is tough.

Today, I had approximately 30 seconds and one hand to make my lunch. In the whirligig that is my morning, there is little time for perusal. I went for an old stand by - the PB & J sandwich. It was slightly upscale with flax multigrain bread and fancy French blackberry jam, but I still felt like I was 6 years old when I was eating it at my desk at work.

A few of us got to talking about old-school food choices, and my 40-something friend admitted she still ate KD once in a while.  Another friend said she sometimes ate a bag of Swedish Fish for dinner.



We can't always be adults and eat balanced meals, sometimes you need to fuel the kid in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment