Monday, November 29, 2010

What a difference two years make

Usually I don't know how other people do it, but occasionally I don't know how I do it either. Do you ever get that feeling that you're looking back at another you, a you you're pretty impressed by? I don't get this feeling often, but today I've got it.

I'm playing the year ago game, but tacking on a year. This time two years ago I was in labour. We'd made it through close to 24 hours of labour at home and we'd called a cab to get to the hospital, we didn't have a car then. It was a cold night and I was so big my coat didn't fit around me. John was taking charge and kind of yelling at me, the way he does when he's feeling protective. When we made it to the hospital, it wasn't like the movies. It was quiet and there was paperwork to fill out and the waiting wasn't helping. Right about now I think I was requesting my epidural none too politely. We more scared than excited. This was it.

Today, our little guy is here and he'll be two years old in just a few hours. He's changed our lives forever. I don't know how we've done it but we have! Happy birthday Xavier!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Carter! You have come such a long way and created such a beautiful family...seriously. You should be most proud....the terrible twos might not be so bad....

    ReplyDelete