Friday, December 3, 2010

Cheerio-no!

I remember complaining to my mother-in-law once, about how I never seemed to have time to clean the house. She said, "oh, it wouldn't take long to go through your house, would it?". I was speechless. I didn't have an answer for her, because I'd never 'gone through the house' once in the three years we'd been living here. In fact, I'm guessing there are a few nooks and crannies remaining that have yet to beblessed by a duster or a broom. I try to stay on top of things but, you know. My mother-in-law goes through her house every day. I don't know how she does it.

I use the "Cheerio gauge" to determine how clean the house is these days. Anyone with a toddler will know that Cheerios shrink with age. I'm not sure why this happens, I think it is a unique talent in the cereal community.


All I know is that the smaller the Cheerios I find, the more aged they are, and the more derelict I am in my duties. See Exhibit A from a few week ago:

Lately I haven't found any really small Cheerios. Hooray! I just hope it's because I've swept them up and not because they're so old that they're invisible to the naked eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment