Sunday, December 19, 2010

Get your chunk on

Canada Food Guide says we should be eating 8-10 servings of vegetables and fruit a day. I'm lucky if I get that in a week. I think alot of people struggle with eating enough, but my friend has the answer. The chunky.

She whacks a load of fruit and veg in a blender and bim bam boom - the chunky. They say necessity is the mother of invention, so what started off as a smoothie transformed into one hard core vegetable concoction that's anything but smooth. This ain't no berry breeze we're talking about, she adds brussells sprouts, edamame, kale, the lot. A frozen brussells sprout is tough on a blender, so there are lumps and bumps. But such is the case with all the best things in life.

She admits it looks and smells awful, but she's doing it man! One chunky once a day and she's good to go!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes - the chunky.....might have to add that to my daily routine to get my fruits and veggies into the belly. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete